Tuesday, January 27, 2015

The Flash 1x11 The Sound and Fury Review


The Flash is back! It was back last week but now it's back this week too. This show just makes me happy. It's the TV equivalent of the Raimi Spider-Man films (You know, the good ones).




From the opening chase sequence, the  thrill of Barry's super heroics brought a huge smile to my face. Where The Flash succeeds is in showcasing the positives of being a superhero. Barry just LOVES helping people. Few movies have ever successfully shown this attitude.

I'm aware that Dr. Wells was revealed to be one version of the Reverse Flash (there are probably two) but I wasn't sure if Wells was a speedster himself, or if it was merely his speedster suit that gave him the speedster powers. It's good to finally have that answered for myself. I was just over thinking it.

Pied Piper proved to be a worthy villain for Team Flash this week. I know I bring it up a lot but who would have thought we'd see so many of The Flash's rogues portrayed so effectively week after week? Pied fucking Piper is on the small screen before The Flash was ever on the big screen with the World's Finest. Just... amazing.

I'm not overly familiar with Pied Piper but I was surprised to find out he was gay. Along with Barry's police Captain, The Flash is quickly becoming the most progressive superhero series (possibly ever?). He posed a serious threat through soundwaves but he isn't the first villain to cause havoc in Team Flash HQ. He was the most successful as he nearly killed Cisco. I knew Cisco wouldn't die but I did audibly gasp when Cisco was blasted away from a door. Luckily, Barry helped pay the Piper (I had a strong urge to use that pun) with a pretty cool showdown that has me questioning "HOW DOES THIS SHOW HAVE THIS KIND OF BUDGET?"

Wells' endgame is still murky but you admire his tenacity to prove that he's deep down, a good guy. I still don't trust him for. He obviously cares about Barry but to what extent? Does he care about Cisco and Caitlin as well?

One thing is for sure: Cisco and Pied Piper are going to team up sooner than later to save Ronnie Raymond. More Firestorm is always a good thing. Bring on the supers!

No comments:

Post a Comment